- B.S. Exercise Physiology, Iowa State University
- M.A. Coaching and Athletic Administration, University of Concordia, Irvine
- C.S.C.S. (NSCA) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- USAW-CC(USAW) Certified in Olympic Weightlifting
- USATF-L2(USATF) Certified in Track and Field Coaching
- GCS(GMP Fitness) Certified Golf Conditioning Specialist
- CPR/AED/FA Certification
- Strength and Conditioning Coach, 10+ years
- Football Coach, 10+ years
- Track and Field Coach, 10+ years
- Personal Training 10+ years
- Consultant/Tutor in Sports Performance/Human Performance 10+ years
- Trained/Worked with various levels of athletes from youth to professional
Coaching is Al’s passion. He coaches Quarterbacks with the semi-professional Alameda Knights football team. Al also teaches for Cal-Fit Instructional Fitness, as well as being a coordinator for the Recreational Department. He enjoys teaching classes such as Boot Camp, Strength Training, and Running for Fitness. Al will also conduct workshops and clinics on Running Technique, Self Myo-Fascial Release, Cardio Workout Design, Flexibility, and Olympic lifting.
Al loves to coach, teach and train. Playing sports, running and lifting are activities he enjoys. Al likes snowboarding and does some surfing. Other than fitness and sports, Al attends workshops and clinics to improve teaching techniques and enjoys reading research journals, and biographies. Learning more about a wide range of topics, such as history and art also interests Al. Traveling the world is a goal for Al.
Although Al has worked with many athletes, his approach to all clients is guided by overall health ideals. Al is an expert at tailoring programs in order to achieve his clients’ goals. Al will conduct a comprehensive analysis on all factors affecting health. This includes stress, diet, sleep, strength, flexibility, and any other specific issues you may have. You will also see improvements in balance and posture, as well as recovery from injury.
“Citius, Altius, Fortius”