At this camp, students who are already enrolled in the UC Graduate School of Education’s Academic Talent Development Program (ATDP) spend a portion of their day participating in sports and recreational activities.
About This Camp
The curriculum of each activity is developed specifically for ATDP students and geared toward nurturing the fundamental skills necessary for each activity through fun, experiential learning.
Ages & Eligibility
Campers must be entering grades 1-7 in order to register for this camp. ATDP camp is open only to those who have secured a spot with the ATDP Academic Program. Visit the ATDP website for more info on how to be part of the program. Once the ATDP Academic Program sends you an acceptance letter with specific class times, you will be eligible to register for our sports program. We do not open registration for this program until the ATDP Academic Program starts to send out their acceptance letters, normally in late April.
|7/11 – 7/29||Mon / Tues / Thu / Fri||8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.||Register|
|7/11 – 7/29||Mon / Tues / Thu / Fri||1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Register|
Location: Washington School – 65 Wine Street Richmond, CA 94801
Four Day Program
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
Morning Session: 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Afternoon Session: 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Camp StructureCampers participate in three to four activities, daily, for three weeks. We usually offer a choice of activities each hour that includes either a traditional sport (basketball, soccer, etc.) or a recreational or fine art activity (drama, art, board games, etc.). Participants have the option of selecting activities during registration. Depending on availability, campers may be able switch an activity within the first few days if they find they would enjoy another activity more. Our sports and recreation programs may be very active.
- Camp ActivitiesSample activities:
- Board Games
- Floor Hockey
- Painting / Tie Dye
- Paper Arts (oragami, leaf prints, marionettes)
- Lunch & SnackParticipants need to provide their own snack and lunch (including beverage). A snack break is usually scheduled mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Children are very active and get very hungry, so please pack plenty of snack and food items.
- Attire & EquipmentAll sport equipment is provided. Clothing, equipment, and supplies should have the child’s name clearly printed on them. Please wear or bring:
- Tennis or running shoes (athletic shoes). No open-toed or heeled shoes.
- Athletic apparel (sweatshirt for cold days)
- Plastic water bottle
- Hat or visor recommended
- Sunscreen. Participants should wear and/or bring sunscreen to camp for sunny days. Staff may apply additional sunscreen. If participant is allergic to sunscreen, or you do not want sunscreen applied to him/her, please notify Enrollment Center in writing prior to the first day of camp (see sunscreen section below). Additionally, please notify Camp Coordinator that additional sunscreen should not be applied.
- Extended Care
Early drop-off is available from 8:00am for no additional charge.
If your child needs supervision outside of our regularly scheduled hours, sign up for our Extended Care program. Our staff engage campers in active or quiet play during the evening (4:45 – 5:30 p.m.)
Cal Adventures is happy to offer afternoon extended care for all ATDP students from 4:30pm to 5:30pm, including Wednesdays. Students will join Cal Adventures staff in the Multipurpose Room for a variety of games & activities for $135 per 3-week session, or on a daily basis for $15/day. After 5:35pm, a late pickup charge of $15/30-minutes per child will be added.
Students who remain with teachers or staff by dismissal at 4:30pm will be brought to join extended care at the daily rate. For this reason, contact information for ATDP families will be shared with Cal Adventures staff if necessary.
Extended care for ATDP camps is sold either for the entire 3-week session or as needed on a daily basis for $15/session.
3 week session: $135
Daily Drop-In: $15 / day
Late pickup after 5:35pm: $15/30-min