Fun Experiences, Team Building, and/or Team Training
Whether you are a school group, corporate office, or somewhere in-between, our ropes course and team building programs are specifically designed to meet your group’s goals and objectives. Our beautiful course is composed of six unique elements that are located high within a grove of redwood trees in the Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area on the UC Berkeley campus. We provide all necessary equipment, and professional staff who are expertly trained to facilitate meaningful shared experiences and help your team step outside your comfort zones to a challenge that is appropriate for you.
- Half-day program is 3-4 hours
- Full-day program is 6-7 hours
- Half-day program will provide your group with an amazing shared experience and time for our staff to reflect on personal and group goals
- Full-day programs are ideal for larger groups and will allow more time for your participants to challenge themselves and provides opportunity to observe and discuss specific group dynamics
Booking a Program
- Fill out our Custom Trips and Events inquiry form and one of our staff members will reach out to you.
- Our pricing is variable and customized depending on the group size, activities, and event duration.
The Ropes Course is located at the Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area on the UC Berkeley campus.
- What Will We Be Doing?
We work directly with you to and for you to customize our program offerings so that we may achieve your group’s goals, so your program may look slightly different than the sample agenda below.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Discuss Goals and Objectives
- Team Building Ground Initiatives and Reflection Time
- Equipment Orientation and Belay Safety School
- Belay Team Challenges on the Ropes Course
- Debrief and Day Closure
- What if it Rains?
Our ropes course operates rain or shine, and you can assume that your program will be running unless you learn from a representative that the conditions become unsafe (e.g.,high winds). If it is raining the day of your program and you DO NOT receive a call, your program is still running. Refunds will not be issued to groups who do not attend due to weather.
- What if I’m afraid of heights?
All of our programs operate by the “challenge by choice” philosophy which means that you get to choose how high you go, and how far you would like to push yourself outside of your comfort zone. Additionally, our facilitators are expertly trained to help you find alternative roles to continue supporting your team during an activity, even if you decide you would prefer not to climb.
- What do I wear?
- We recommend that participants bring comfortable clothing that allows for climbing and movement, and that you don’t mind getting a little dusty. Please bring several extra warm layers of clothing as the ropes course is in a canyon that is typically 10 degrees cooler than other parts of Berkeley.
- It is mandatory that everyone wears solid, closed-toe shoes that are securely attached to the participant’s feet. Sandals, flip-flops, and Crocs are not allowed.
- If it is forecasted to rain, we also recommend bringing an extra set of warm dry clothes, and waterproof layers.
- What if I have a Disability?
- Our goal is to make our materials and activities accessible to all participants. If you or someone in your group requires accommodations, please let us know during the planning process so we can discuss any necessary accommodations.
- Where do we park?
- There are limited metered parking spaces available on a first-come first served basis at the Witter Lot at the Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area.
- Payment can be managed by the PayByPhone app (location number is 9496) or at the yellow parking payment machine
- The cost per vehicle is $1.50/hour
- What is your cancellation policy?
Programs canceled more than 21 days in advance will receive a full refund. Programs canceled less than 14 days prior to your program date will forfeit their deposit. There are no cancellations permitted within 72 hours of your program date; these will be considered a no show and charged the full program cost.