In-person programs and services available
Please note that we may have limited or changed hours of operations for our facilities during this transition period. We are currently providing programs and services to UC Berkeley students and UC Berkeley faculty, staff, retirees, and emeriti with the purchase of a membership.
September 20, 2023
Youth aquatics programs, including swim lessons and pre-team swim practice, have been canceled due to AQI levels. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for makeup and refund options.
Recreational Sports Facility
Racquet Courts are available on a reservation-only basis.
Memorial Stadium Fitness Center
Closed day before home games and all academic and administrative holidays
Lap swim access only.
Golden Bear Recreation Center (GBRC) Pool
Lap swim access only.
Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area (SCRA) Pool
Day passes can be purchased in person at the Strawberry Canyon cashier booth.
UC Aquatics Center at the Berkeley Marina
The UC Aquatic Center and Boating Programs will open for students, faculty/staff and Community members in Fall 2023 on Friday afternoons, Saturday and Sunday, tidal conditions permitting. We are offering classes in Kayaking, Paddleboarding, Sailing and Windsurfing Classes and Kayak and Paddleboard Rentals (sign-up for rentals available 5 days prior to start time.)
Golden Bear Multi-Sport Tennis Courts (located on the Clark Kerr Campus)
Golden Bear Rec Center Multi-Sport Courts are now available for Recreation & Wellbeing members to reserve. Reservations are available from 8:00 a.m.—8:00 p.m, on Saturday and Sunday over the summer and daily during the academic year.
Current campus access requirements can be found here. Current campus masking requirements can be found here. Proof of vaccination will continue to be checked at our Golden Bear Rec Center for any individuals entering the lower gym corridor over the age of 5. We are continuing to require vaccine checks at this facility, since it hosts programming with children under 5 years old (who are not yet vaccine eligible).
Additional Requirements and Policies
- We ask individuals to respect the physical space of others and be respectful of all equipment, patrons, and staff.
- Complimentary day lockers are available and storage lockers are available for purchase. Learn more about locker offerings. No bags/personal items are allowed into the workout spaces. Recreation & Wellbeing is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Towels are not available. Bring your own workout towel.
- Personal water bottles are recommended. Water must be in a spill-proof, unbreakable, re-sealable container.
- No in-and-out privileges for lap swim. No re-entry upon exit.
- Any participant displaying symptoms of illness may be asked to leave the facility.
- Failure to comply with policies and guidelines, facility signage, and staff instruction may result in removal from a facility, a membership suspension, or membership revocation.
Is Recreation & Wellbeing reopening its facilities to non-UC Berkeley affiliated community members?
Beginning June 1, 2022, we are excited to welcome back members of the broader community to purchase the following: day passes at the Golden Bear Rec Center (GBRC) and Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area (SCRA) Pools, personal training sessions, instructional fitness classes, and Adventures equipment rentals. We’ve missed you, and are excited to have you back!